I am an experienced cinematographer and media content creator specializing in producing diverse, story-driven video content.
As an owner-operator I am well-equipped for documentary, commercial, corporate and non-fiction video production on location and in a studio. I’ve shot a wide range of projects in the last twenty years, including feature films, shorts, commercials, live music and a ton of documentary and corporate interviews. I can work solo or with any size crew, and I’m local from Seattle to Portland. In the Pacific Northwest I’ll bring my own state-of-the-art grip and lighting gear, and I’m available to travel worldwide.
All my lights can be controlled wirelessly, either with Lumenradio DMX or bluetooth.
- 1x Aputure Nova P600c 2×1 RGBWW Panel (pdf)
- 1x Aputure Nova P300c 1×1 RGBWW Panel (pdf)
- 1x Aputure LS-600D w/Fresnel, Lantern 90 (pdf)
- 1x Nanlux TK-450 / 3×1 5600K panel (pdf)
- 2x Nanlux TK-140B / 2×1 2700-7500K panels (pdf)
- 1x LitePanel Astra 6X / 1×1 3200-5600K panel (pdf)
- 4x 60-200w Point Source / Bowens Mount LED’s (pdf) and RGBWW LED tubes (pdf)
- 2x Atomcube RX7 pocket RGBWW lights (pdf)
- DMX-it 512 / 12-channel Wireless LumenRadio Control (pdf)
- 12x MSE C-stands
- 8x MSE Baby stands
- 2x MSE Low Combo stands
- 2x MSE High Combo stands
- 1x Menace/Boom Arm
- 1x 6 foot frame w/ full grid, half grid, unbleached muslin
- 8x 25′ Stingers
- 14x 20# Sand bags
- 2x 48″ diffusion frames
- 3x 48″ solid floppy flags
- 10x 18×24 & 24×36 solid flags
- Cardellini grip clamps, gobo heads, clips, adapters, tape and tools.
- Apple boxes, assorted diffusion and CC gel rolls
- 2x Rubbermaid Carts / 2x Hampers / 2x Magliners
- 10×10′ Popup Tent
CAMERAS & SUPPORT
- 2x Blackmagic P6K Pro
- 2x FujiFilm X-T3
- Panasonic GH5 + Metabones EF
- DJI Air 2S / 5.4K sensor
- Flanders LM-2140W monitor
- Hollyland Wireless
- Miller, Libec tripod systems
- Tilta Nucleus-M Wireless Lens Control / Chrosziel matte box
- Dana Dolly, Gimbals & Handheld Rig
- Proaim Wave2 10ft Jib (info)
LENSE LIST – EF Mount – Geared 0.8
- Sigma ART f/1.4 – 20mm, 28mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 85mm (ff primes)
- Sigma ART f/1.8 – 18-35mm, 50-100mm, Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8, 14-20mm f/2 (s35 zooms)
- Zeiss C/Y 28mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.4, 135mm f/2.8 (ff vintage primes)
- Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM (ff zoom)
- FujiFilm X 14mm, 23mm, 35mm, 18-55mm
- 1x DPA 4017C shotgun mic (pdf)
- 2x Rode NTG2 shotgun mic
- 2x Sennheiser G2 wireless system
- 2x DPA 4060 lav mics (pdf), 2x Countryman B3 lav mics
- Sounds Devices MixPre D
Payment terms are Net 30.
Travel days are billed at 50% of the work day rate.
No charge for equipment on travel days.
Please call or email with questions and special requests. Contact info at the top of the page.
A Few Favorite Projects:
- PBS: Playing by the Rules
- MOTOTREK YouTube Series
- Partnership for Energy Progress Spots
- Mission Critical
- F5 Networks – Case Studies
- The Delivery – SIFF Fly Film
- EXPOSÉ: America’s Investigative Reports
Outside of the video production realm, Tim has been uploading since 1995 and has created:
- Cinematography.com – An education-based social media resource and marketplace for film students and professionals. The cinematography.com forum has been connecting filmmakers worldwide since 1998.
- SteadicamForum.com – A global community of professional motion picture camera stabilization specialists. The SteadicamForum is also the #1 online resource for buying and selling used professional Steadicam equipment.
- Hundreds of web sites starting with Bill Nye the Science Guy in 1995 and ending with Preston Gates & Ellis in 2005.
- Three amazing sons.